Canada - United States Trade: First successful collaboration
RJCCQ - QUEBEC YOUTH CHAMBER OF COMMERCE COMBINED · MONDAY, MAY 27, 2019
Montreal, May 27, 2019 – The Regroupement of Young Chambers of Commerce of Quebec (RJCCQ), in collaboration with the American Chamber of Commerce of Canada (AmCham Canada), is pleased to have held the first edition of a meeting of cross-border business between Canadian and American entrepreneurs.
“It is important to celebrate the business relationship we have with our American neighbours and to nurture this relationship, particularly in the context of the various recent negotiations, and we have been able to do so through this event. In addition, our young entrepreneurs are aware of the opportunities they face on both sides of the border, but do not always have the network to grow their businesses; the first edition of this event helped to address this issue, “said Maximilien Roy, President and CEO of the RJCCQ.
“AmCham’s mission is to promote trade, this event is a good example of continuity in the special relationship between Canada and the United States. We are pleased to have partnered with the RJCCQ for this event, “added Michel Belval, president of AmCham Quebec.
Entrepreneurs and young business people have been able to meet key players from the Quebec and US business ecosystems to develop their network and perhaps continue their growth in the neighbouring country:
- Mr. Robert W. Thomas, US Consul General of the United States in Montreal
- Mr. Raymond Bachand, Strategic Advisor, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada S.E.N.C.R.L., Sr. L. and Chief Negotiator for Quebec under CUSMA.
- Ms. Stéphanie Murphy, Director – Foreign Investments in Information Technologies, IA, Investissement Québec
- Mrs. Susan Matton. Vice President, Economic Development, North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Mr. Jean-Benoît Aubé, Director of Private Partnerships, École des entrepreneurs du Québec EEQ
- Mr. Martin Massé, Vice President, Public Affairs, YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport
- Mrs. Alice Trudelle, Manager, Government Affairs, Bombardier
- Mr. Rick Tachuk, Chairman, American Chamber of Commerce In Canada, AmCham Atlantic …
- Mr. David Murray, Chief Operating Officer and President, Hydro-Québec Production
- Mr. Marc Boucher, President of Hydro-Québec TransÉnergie, Hydro-Québec
- Mr. Jason Frohlich, President, StimaWELL North America
The day ended with a 4pm to 7pm drinks reception in an atmosphere conducive to exchanges and networking at Cacao 70 in Pointe-St-Charles.
For images of the Forum, please visit HERE.
Thank you to our partners for this event: Bombardier, YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport, Cacao 70, Hydro-Québec, Quebec School of Entrepreneurs EEQ.
About the RJCCQ:
For 27 years, the Regroupement des jeunes chambers de commerce (RJCCQ) has supported a network of 43 young chambers of commerce and youth wings across Quebec, representing more than 12,000 young professionals, executives, self-employed workers and older entrepreneurs. 18 to 40 years old. For more information, visit the website rjccq.com or the Facebook page.
For more information, visit our website at www.rjccq.com or our Facebook page.
About AmCham Canada, Quebec:
From its Montreal office, the province’s commercial hub and hub of linguistics and culture, the Québec Branch of the American Chamber of Commerce in Canada (AmCham Canada) is ideally placed to meet the needs of businesses with business relationships. business and commercial activities in Canada and the United States. From the clarification of the language policy to the explanation of the tax regulations and various laws of the two countries, the best practices to penetrate the “other market”, the Quebec Section guides the vibrant and distinctive Quebec business community in its relations with Canada’s largest trading partner.