To contribute to the expansion of cross-border trade and investment opportunities between Canada and the United States, through active development and promotions of economic and political exchanges.
- Promote the two-way flow of trade and investment, primarily between the United States and Canada, and to help business links with other countries and other AmChams.
- Provide a forum in which American business executives in Canada and Canadian business executives with American interests may identify, discuss and pursue common interests and opportunities regarding their activities.
- Interpret and present the point of view of Canadian commercial interests to the American business public and to lend all practical assistance to Canadian interests seeking to enter the United States market, or wishing to develop their activities in the US.
- Distill and represent the business views of its members before government in Washington and Ottawa.
- Endorse the standing of its members in the local, national and international business communities.
- Develop programs, directed toward students, business, consumers and politicians, to encourage a better understanding of the role of business in a competitive North American market system, and to contribute in a positive way to the community at large.